So we have reached a milestone. Over a year of practice each and every day (even if just for a few minutes). A few thigs learned on the way:
- Try and set a regular slot (first thing in the morning is ideal).
- Meditation is only a part of practice and only works well when combined with Sila ….. Panca Sila being the minimum 🙂
- Avoid any confrontation/issues before you sit – resolve any outstanding problems first.
- Understand the ten hindrances and how to deal with them.
- Know there is no such thing as a bad/useless session – all time spent on the cushion all counts 🙂
- Tools like insight timer really helps (also discovered my local sitting group through this)
- Meditation and/or present moment awareness is a bit martini, i.e. it can be practiced anywhere, anytime!